RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
$25 TRACK LICENSE IS MANDATORY AS OF May 1, 2017
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator, or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion does not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
2017 Basic Rules
- We do enforce a NO FAULT RULE. If you are involved in a caution or are the cause of the caution you will go to the tail.
- Stop on track go to the rear.
- The car that causes the yellow gets the penalty.
- Top three cars heat races, Top five cars in A main event goes directly to the scales.
- Pit stops or repairs performed during an event must be done in the designated area, do not block travel lane. Water available on work road.
- A time out will be issued, when it takes more than four tries to get event started. Cars and drivers must stay together, no working on cars, no crews in time out area, be ready to go when called.
- Pit speed 5mph. Zero tolerance. Race cars, pit vehicles, etc.
- MUFFLERS ARE MANDATORY (excluding pure stock if they run 2 1/2 or smaller exhaust pipe)
- Owners are responsible for every one associated with the race team.
- Respect all other race teams.
- Verbal/Unsportsmanlike conduct will result in a $100.00 + fine.
- Malicious/Rough driving will result in a $250.00 + fine.
- Tech area is designated for tech man, car and driver. There is to be no family, car owners etc. in this area. NO TOLERANCE! If this rule can not be followed the driver and car will be DQ from racing event (if there are any problems the car owner will be notified) and $100 Fine per person.
- When your driver wins his or her feature and you are in the pits, if you want to take feature winner picture you are to walk all the way around to the grandstands and go on the track at flag stand. There is to be NO ONE crossing the track in turns 1,2,3 or backstretch. If you are caught crossing the track in an area that is not designated your driver will be DQ, Fined or both.
- You are to line up in the designated spot in your heat or feature lineup. If you are late and don’t make it to your line up spot and the cars are being rolled onto the track you will start in the rear of that race. You are not to fall in the back of another heat race, you either are lined up for the one you are designated to be in or you go to the tail of your feature.
- Each car that is at the track on a race night is required to go out and pack track. If you don’t go out and help pack track you will be put to the tail of your heat and Feature NO questions asked!!!!
- If you go into another driver’s pit area, you will be fined and DQ’d for the evening.
- There will be a 2 spin rule. If you are involved in causing 2 cautions you will be black flagged in that racing event.
- All classes are subject to Delaware restarts. These restarts will be added to certain races. You will be told in drivers meeting that race night.
- If any car goes into the pits or infield prior to start of any heat or feature race, upon reentering race track car will start at the rear of such race.
- As of April 2013 raceceivers are mandatory in all classes. If you are caught running on a race event with out a raceceiver you will be automatically DQ’d for the night.
- Turns 1,2 and 3 are designated for cars coming on and off the track. At no time are spectators, pit crews, etc. allowed to be standing in the opening areas of these three turns. The first time you are caught standing in the areas you will be asked to move the second time you will be asked to leave. Please this is for everyone’s safety, PLEASE STAND IN THE DESIGNATED AREAS FOR FANS!!!
24. Racing 5 point harness (belts) need to be 2011 or newer, single latch release 3” thick must be attached to roll cage. No open face helmets aloud. Helmet's must be snell approved and must be 2005 or newer. Must have 2lb fire ext. with working gauge in reach of driver.
25. All competitors that compete for the year must race a minimum of 70% of the seasons schedule races to qualify to be paid at year end points banquet. North Florida Speedway reserves the rights to determine which classes shall be included in year end pts event.
26. At any point in the racing season if driver, crewmember, family, etc. associated with driver disrespects or personally attacks (verbally or physically) any track officials or anyone associated with track in person or on any out look of social media. The track has the authority to DQ driver, band driver and said persons from participating in any racing events with North Florida Speedway, enforce a fine (amount is based on severity of action) and if driver is running for points, track has the authority to void any accumulated points for the season. So please we all don’t agree with everything that happens, but think before you or someone associated with you takes it out in the wrong way. Track officials are here for you to stay after and talk with them or contact them during the week via email or phone. We are all here for one thing and that is to race and have fun!
27. No drinking of alcoholic beverages in the pit area prior to or during any racing event. NO TOLERANCE! All laws pertaining to narcotics will be strictly enforced. Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be turned over to the Sheriff's department for further evaluation. There is no insurance coverage for anyone under the influence of alcohol or narcotics if they are injured.
28. Points break down: (all pts go to driver)
Heats (you must start to receive pts)
1st 10 6th 5
2nd 9 7th 4
3rd 8 8th 3
4th 7 9th 2
5th 6 10th 1
Feature (you must start to receive pts)
1st 50 7th 38 13th 26
2nd 48 8th 36 12th 24
3rd 46 9th 34 13th 22
4th 44 10th 32 14th thru 24th 20
5th 42 11th 30
6th 40 12th 28
29. NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINKS ALLOWED IN GRANDSTAND AREA.
30. FIGHTING in the pits or on the track will not be tolerated. You will be disqualified, fined, suspended, or any combination thereof. Anyone entering a pit area other than his own, should a disturbance occur, said party not in his or her pit area will be considered to be at fault.
31. All drivers assumes responsibility for his or her pit area and the actions of his or her pit crew and or guests in every respect. In any and all matters pertaining to the race, the driver shall be the sole spokesman for his or her car owner and pit crew.
32. No awards, point money, or admittance will be given until fines are paid. No car or driver will be allowed to compete in any event until all fines are paid in full in cash.
33. ALL cars MUST have front and rear tow hook ups (chain).
34. In order to collect end of year points, monies, or trophies the driver must be present at the banquet.
35. There is NO crossing the track at any time. Stay behind fence in pit area and all other areas surrounding the track.
36. In the event there is a driver change the car will have to be put to the tail of said event. If it is an event that there is a B- Main scheduled for said event the driver change will cause car to start in a B-Main
$1000.00 whole car front to back
$600.00 for motor
- NFS officials have the right to confiscate any illegal parts!!!
- Drivers who do not attend the drivers meeting waive their right to protest.
- Visual protests must be given in writing to the tech man BEFORE the drivers meeting.
- Any driver finishing on the lead lap may protest. You may only protest a car that has finished in front of you. $600 motor protest fees $75 to track, $75 to tech official, $1000 whole car protest fees $100 to track, $100 to tech official.
- In order to protest the protesting driver must submit in writing, with the cash, the items to be protested on which car, to the tech man while the cars are in tech. All protests must be completed within 10 minutes of completion of the feature race.
- Cash only for protests.
- The track has the right to protest any driver at any time during the race program, at no cost to the track or it’s official.
- All cars being protested will be allowed a 30 minute cool down time in a designated area by the tech man. If the car has not started being torn down within 30 minutes the driver is DQ’d.
- Only one person from the protesting car and a maximum of two (2) from car being protested will be allowed in the tech area. The driver may also be present with his/her car.
- Track and it’s officials have the right to turn down any protest at any time. We will not tolerate grudge protesting.
- The track has the right to inspect, P & G, check fuel or tires, if necessary on any car at any time. It is the drivers responsibility to have the car available for inspection.
- No payoff money will be paid until all protests are final in that division.
- Any car found illegal will forfeit all prize money and points earned in that event.
- Any driver who fails to tear down a car for inspection will forfeit money and points for that event.
- The track reserves the right to tear down the next car in line if a car is found illegal.
- All tech decisions will be considered final.