LIMITED LATE MODEL RULES 2017
C-CLASS WE FOLLOW NEEDMORE SPWY RULES
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER $25 TRACK LICENSE IS MANDATORY AS OF 6/7/17. The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator, or official. The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion does not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
No radios, Race receivers mandatory.
1, Late model type bodies optional. Non crate engine cars 8 inch spoiler, 602 Crate engine car 12 inch spoiler, 604 Crate engine car 10 inch spoiler.
2. All bodies must remain stock appearing.
3. Aftermarket steel or aluminum bodies may be used and must remain stock appearing.
4. No fiberglass bodies allowed. A fiberglass roof and hood are allowed. Must be able to prove that these items meet fire retardant standards.
5. Stock type nose pieces are optional.
6. No lowering of roofs.
7. Factory type bumpers or round tubing in original location. No sharp edges. All bumpers must turn back toward frame.
8. No wings. No mirrors.
9. Skirts allowed 6 inches below front bumper.
10. Tunnel drivers side must have full floorboard. Drivers seat must be 3 inches ahead of left rear wheel.
11. Must have tow point on front and rear of car.
12. Full windshield screen mandatory. Maximum 1X2 square.
B. CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION
1. Steel tubular clip chassis or stock clip chassis are allowed.
2. No aluminum or titanium allowed in chassis construction.
3. Rear frame optional.
4. Minimum wheel base 101 inches.
5. Any round tube, square tube or tectangle tubing with a minimum 1 1/2 X 0.83 wall tubing.
6. Cars must have a suitable steel rollcage in drivers compartment including seat brackets and head rest mounted safely.
7. A minimum of 3 door bars are mandatory on drivers side of roll cage. Each door bar must be round tubing with a minimum of 1 1/2 X 0.95 wall thinkness.
8. All cars must have either a 16 gauge steel plate welded to the outside of door bars or a 1/4 aluminum plate bolted to the outside of door bars.
This plate must reach from lowest door bar to the highest door bar and from behind drivers seat to at least 6 inches in front of seat.
9. Roll cage must extend at least 1 inch above drivers helmet.
10. Roll cage must be welded to frame.
11. Frame to body or motor to frame optional. Engine to body optional.
12. Front suspension, steering box, steering quickner, rack and pinion, and A=frames are optional.
1. Racing shocks allowed.
2. Steel or aluminum Coil over and coil over eliminators allowed. Spring size optional.
3. NO canister or remote reservoir shocks allowed.
4. Steering rods may be shortened or lengthened. Tie rod ends may use steel or aluminum adjustment sleeves plus heim tie rods. STEEL HEIM JOINTS ONLY. NO aluminum or titanium. Aftermarket spindles OK.
5. Sway bars and safety hubs on front are optional.
6. Rear suspension optional, i.e. Coil, coil over, coil over eliminators, or leaf springs allowed, No mismatches, i.e. leaf/coil combination. Must be same on both sides of rear. No fiberglass or carbon fiber springs. Sliders on rear leaf cars permitted. 4-bar or 3-bar suspensions allowed, Fifth coil set ups on lift bars allowed. Birdcages on rear ends allowed. These bird cages are allowed to swivel. Single pan hard bars may be used on coil spring cars only, but must be approved by Tech Inspector. Heim ends may be used for mounting. No adjustments while running.
D. REAR END
1. Rear end may be locked, Interchanged in rear end permitted. 2 inch offset rear end OK. Quick Change OK, Stock floaters optional. NO Detroit lockers or any other ratchet type rear end, spools are authorized, steel or aluminum.
2. Rear safety hub. Dual spline axle(safety hub) wil be allowed. Grand national type.
1. Brake and clutch peddles may be stock or aftermarket style. Four wheel disc brakes permitted. Calipers are optional. All must be operating. RF brake optional.
F. DRIVE SHAFT,
1. Aluminum, steel, and carbon fiber allowed. Must have driveshaft loop.
1. Must have operational reverse gear. Automatics may remove torque converter.
2. Bert and Quick change transmissions are OK.
3. No direct drive or in and out boxes.
1. Any type clutch in stock location. Ram couplers OK. Must have a 3 inch inspection hole in bell housing.
1. Must be in stock location.
2. Aluminum radiators allowed.
- Engine must be stock except for those items specifically spelled out in these rules. NO interchanging of internal parts. NO high performance engines or parts. ALL accessories must be powered by engine. Mini starters allowed. NO aftermarket blocks. Manufacturer only.
- Oil pump, Engine oil pump may be high performance and high volume. (stock configuration)
- All blocks including 400 blocks. May run cooling lines on built motor.
- GM CRATE MOTOR,
- 5.7 long or 5.65 long only.
- Any steel rod.
- Polish stock rods.
- Crank balancing optional.
- Minimum weight on crank 48 LB.
- HEADS AND VALVES
- Any ratio rocker arm.
- All chevy heads must remain within one degree of 23 degree valve angle.
- Dodge heads must remain within one degree of 18 degree valve angle.
- Ford heads must remain within one degree of 20 degree valve angle.
APPROVED OEM STOCK REPLACEMENT HEADS.
1. Dart Heads, World Product, GM Performance Parts.
- #10021070 #043600-1 or 2 #3991492
- #1002107s #043610-1 or 2 #141010837
- #10024360 #043640 or 2 #149621
- #10024361 #043650-1 or 2 #10239906-vortec
- #10024362 #1258062-vortec
- #10024364 Summit Racing
- #10024365 #SUM-151124-vortec Racing Head Service
- #1024370 #12400
* #223 7694 217 #CC167CS
* #223 7694 217 CC167ES
* #223 6494 083 JPA350HS
* #223 6494 906-vortec JPA350HH
3. Dodge or Ford OEM Stock Replacement Heads must be approved by NFS TECH.
4. NO titanium valves, Valve retainer optional. Stainless steel valves OK. No porting polishing or gasket matching. NO ALUMINUM HEADS. Screw in studs and guide plates optional. Roller rockers optional. Valve springs optional. Machining of head for large valve springs OK.
5. VALVE SIZE,
* CHEVROLET, INTAKE 194 MAXIMUM/EXHAUST 1.625 MAXIMUM.
* FORD, INTAKE 2.02 MAXIMUM/EXHAUSY 1.654 MAXIMUM
* DODGE INTAKE 2.02 MAXIMUM/EXHAUSY 1.625 MAXIMUM
G. INTAKE MANIFOLD,
- Any aftermarket 4-barrel intake may be used. No porting or polishing or gasket matching allowed.
- Maximum 1.65 inch high adapter plate between carb and intake, this includes spacer and 2 gaskets.
- Tubular clip chassis= Chevrolet engine-MAXIMUM 6 INCH SET BACK NO TOLERANCE. Measured from #1 spark plug to center of left front upper ball joint. For every ½” 25lbs added to front of the fly wheel.
- FORD ENGINES= MAXIMUM 6 INCH SET BACK, NO TOLERANCE
- STOCK CLIP CHASSIS=6 INCH MAXIMUM SET BACK, NO TOLERANCE.
- Engine may be offset a Maximum of 2 inches from center, measured at ball joints.
- Any flat tappet cam and lifters. No mushroom lifters or roller cams.
- Any Non adjustable pushrod allowed.
- Any factory stock electronics permitted. Dual point distributor may be used as long as one side is blocked off and functions as a single point system. External coil wires on GM electronic distributor OK. MSD boxes OK
- One 12 volt battery per car, No 18 volt.
- No battery inside of drivers compartment.
- NO ROTARY FUEL PUMP, NO ELECTRIC FUEL PUMPS
- Any stock GM TO GM fuel pump or aftermarket pump, Carter, Holley, etc, 8 lbs Maximum pressure.
- May run 1 0f 3 carbs, Holley 4412, Holley 4150/750 CFM/50127c or 80541 OR 3310
- Fuel tank 33 gal maximum.
- Plastic fuel cells must be encased in aluminum canister.
- NO electric fuel pumps.
- Fuel petroleum based (GAS) Racing gas allowed, NO additives NO ALCOHOL!!!!
- HOOSIER D21, D55, 1350 14 INCH STEEL OR ALUMINUM WHEELS ONLY
- NO tire softeners, NO soaking of tires, NO pre heating tires, NO chemicals inside of tire except oxygen or nitrogen. All tires are subject to 48 punch rule.
- HEADERS OR STOCK EXHAUST MANIFOLDS. Mufflers Mandatory
P. WEIGHT TOTAL WEIGHT MINIMUM AFTER RACE WITH DRIVER.
602 Crate 2300lbs
604 Crate 2450lbs
Built motor 2500lbs